Scholarship & Financial Aid Opportunities for Albany Students
To be considered for financial aid from St. Bernard’s, students must be taking graduate courses for credit in one of St. Bernard’s graduate or graduate certificate degree programs. The following programs are available to Albany students:
Roman Catholic students who reside in the Albany diocese, are active in their parishes, and are recommended by their pastor or parish life director are eligible for tuition assistance from the Diocese of Albany. This aid covers up to 25% of the tuition cost of one or more courses taken during each semester. Applications for this program are processed and determined by St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry in Albany.
Students may request support of the parish and groups in which they attend and/or minister. Depending on the ability of the parish/group awards will be given. These forms are completed by BOTH the student and the sponsor.
Capital Campaign Leadership Grants
This scholarship for Leadership Development in the Diocese of Albany is given for initial and on-going formation of leaders in the Diocese of Albany.
For more information about grant applications contact:
Ms Dorothy Sokol - 518-399-5713.
Church of Our Lady of Grace
73 Midline Road
Ballston Lake, NY 12019
Put on the envelope: “Application-Capital Campaign Grant"
Hubbard Scholarships are awarded to first-time students who are currently involved in ministry, who complete all requirements for matriculation, and who are recommended by the pastor or parish life director where they are ministering. For more information and an application packet, please contact Eileen Davenport at Eileen.email@example.com.
Educational benefits in the form of grants are available for full or part-time study for veteran’s studying here at St. Bernard’s. Benefits may also be available to spouses and/or children of disabled/deceased veterans as well as those in the National Guard/Reserve. For more information on Veteran’s Educational Benefits please click here www.gibill.va.gov
Stafford Direct Unsubsidized Loan
St. Bernard’s realizes that students may still have a financial gap and may need to investigate other finance options. As a student at St. Bernard’s, you are eligible to apply for Federal Student Aid. St. Bernard's offers Direct Unsubsidized Loans which are are low-interest, long-term loans.
In order to begin the process of Direct Unsubsidized Loan eligibility, you must fulfill the following:
- Matriculate into one of our degree or graduate certificate programs
- Complete and submit the St. Bernard’s scholarship applications (above)
- Complete the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Sign a Master Promissory Note
- Complete Entrance Counseling for new loan applicants
- See the Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Be at least a part time student - register for a minimum of 2 courses each semester for M.Div. students and 1.5 courses for MAPS, MATS, GCPS students
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress - students must maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average in the M.Div. MAPS and GCPS programs, and 3.00 in the MATS program
- Contact Christina Schmidt, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 271-3657 x 289.
Direct Loan Income Driven Repayment Plans
Students may arrange with the Business Office for a payment plan with a fixed number and duration of installments. To download the extended payment form, please click here.
For additional information regarding scholarships and financial aid for Albany students, please contact Sister Katherine Hanley, Associate Dean – Albany, 518-453-6760.